Thursday, December 3, 2009

8.1 Main Body – and one too many Mojitos in My Body

Ok, here is what happened on that last Thursday evening I got to run ;p


A few preliminary questions:
Where?  (Le) Manson – a bar in close proximity (a detail of not entirely inconsequential importance) which lures the good people of Tana in by promiscuously offering 2 Mojitos for 1 – Thursdays only!
When?  From seven to eleven..or so :)
Who?  “Me and a couple grooms out” – I’m sure not less than a zillion US rapper must have used that catchy phrase already which makes it a bit second-hand, but hey, whateeeeeva :D
Why?  I guess the answer is given in the second half of “where” – thus no need for redundancy ;p
As for the What? ….it all started rather composedly: Four fairly relaxed young professionals meeting up for an after work drink at the bar of their choice – certainly not necessarily an extraordinarily electrifying event…But (!) not entirely unexciting neither. Some catching up, some sympathy for Lady Vengeance – oh, I mean hard working hours…a couple of decently intellectual observations, a couple of good jokes….and a couple more (…) drinks. To sum up, a nice way of spending an evening.


As characteristically for such gatherings, the moving hourglass lead the conversations to become…more animated – and I wouldn’t completely deny the apparent lack of victuals which I erroneously thought had passed my tummy that day to figure among the various causes of the ever-increasing merriment, for - right after the first half of the first glass - the sugary concoction declared as Mojito denied the full-size banana grin to leave my face for good (or to lower the volume of my vocal cords) ….seems like I’m not that much of a drunkard after all if half a Mojito turns me into Eleri’s favorite Happy-Face and three of that sort make my world spin (no reference to the former blog entry though ;p). Guess I should stick to my usual diet and continue gulping down “high-spirited” fruit juice or lemon tea when going out ;p
Gosh, but I was at my best that evening – and the audience was wonderful :D ..as a result, one bad joke chased the other and we would but laugh whole-heartedly about every single one of them.. oh, and for good or bad: All the gibberish that left my mouth during those lucid hours of mine would - with all likelihood - have found its way into the world of hearing no matter the percentage of “water” in my drink. Hence, I think it is safe to say that strawberry juice would - almost certainly - have had exactly the same impact on my mood…this said, my capability of walking a straight line would however have evolved differently. Eventually I was more than thankful for the before mentioned proximity between the clubbing and sleeping ground – less tricky and risky to get lost on a 150m way to bed ;p


Now of course the Manson is not the only “inn” the neighborhood..there is Le B, too – an Asian inspired Lounge Restaurant in about 30 seconds walking distance (we actually share the same street entrance) which features an excellent cuisine and friendly service (ok, the personnel is rather flirty but hence also very attentive to your every wish :D ).


If you want to shake it we talk however “Mojo” (do I here Beba calling? ;p – sorry for the many who won’t understand that inside joke) – another hot spot within the next 500m which is sharing its musical taste with us..less restaurant style, more bar and not very creative on its playlist – but eventually I would always end up on the dance floor!


THE place to be though is certainly the Buddha Club and Restaurant – ostentatiously decorated on two levels underground the Asian monk is quite impressive. Being not that much of an It-Girl or counting among the city’s party elite, I have however not passed the threshold of young-Tana’s sactuary more than once or twice…


But let’s proceed and complete the list: Amongst the various locations known to me (and be it by name only) we shall not omit the Six, the Glacier, the Pandora or the Bus (a nice after-clubbing chill-out-place) – oh, and since a bit over a month the Pharaon SUPER CLUB (very important that last bit of information! – a shame though that the degree of “superness” is sooooo high, it’s really already dreadfully bad!).


Now you might – after all that lengthy talk (I’m still hoping that those of you beloved readers who do actually follow me up to this point do appreciate the latter – otherwise I’d be very sorry…say, if someone MADE you read it because you’ve been naughty :p ) – have noticed that I haven’t even come to the point that justified the second half of the original title, i.e. how to wrench your ankle in the first place. Well, I’ll make that a ridiculously short one – the most recommendable ingredient, amazingly sure to deliver success, is to dance on high heels (you’re not used to dance on) on a very uneven terrain – preferably by night so you wouldn’t see where you are dancing to. Make that a private evening at a friend’s house and you can’t even sew a big club owner for it (sorry, that was a bit of the “American spirit” ;p


Soooooooooooo, now that you know about everything there is to know about Tana’s night lift (kidding of course, I haven’t told you anything about restaurants, pool and KARAOKEEEEEE), I’d say good night and sweet dreams….

No comments:

Post a Comment